By the end of the course, the learners will understand:
• Plan the most cost effective route/s to deliver products
• Prepare goods for dispatch
• Load delivery vehicles
• Prevent shrinkage and losses in the Dispatching Area
• Maintain the efficiency of the supply chain
Knowledge To Be Gained
Relevant aspects of the following:
• Common terms and concepts used when dispatching stock
• Policies and procedures for dispatching stock
• Methods for determining cost effectiveness of deliveries and the organisation’s policies in this respect
• Planning of delivery routes
• Methods for packing the different types of stock carried by the organisation.
• The terms shrinkage and losses.
• The effect of shrinkage and losses on profits and employees
• Causes of and preventive methods for shrinkage and losses while dispatching stock
• The supply chain and the roles of the various players in the supply chain.
• Organisation procedures in the Dispatch Area for maintaining stock records in the supply chain
• Methods used by the organisation to tag/ mark stock with destination identification
• Legislation and organisation policy in respect of loading of vehicles