By the end of the course, the learners will understand:
• Record the appropriate information of stock
• Stock is located and picked with due regard to storage plans, despatch orders and shipping instructions.
• Replenish of/ or add to stock.
• Determine the appropriate method of storage.
• Apply stock control measures
Knowledge To Be Gained
Relevant aspects of the following:
1. Principles of stock control and stock taking.
2. Product knowledge for stock identification, storage and movement purposes.
3. Relevant legislation (pertaining to symbols and signs).
4. Identification (signage, coding, labelling, packaging within warehouse/storage facilities).
5. Basic principles of risk and loss control.
6. Welfare, health and safety considerations in terms of both legislative requirements and company policies and local environmental regulations