Learning assumed to be in place and recognition of prior learning:
- NQF Level 1 Numeracy and NQF Level 1 Literacy
- The driver should be declared physically fit and have completed an eyesight test (such as the Orthorator test, the Purdue University Test No 3, etc and industry recognised depth perception and hand-eye-coordination test.
It is assumed that people starting to learn towards this unit standard have already undergone company induction, have an appropriate licence to operate in the work area, and are competent in unit standards which address:
- Relevant Code of practice
- Occupational Health, Safety and General Housekeeping
- Mechanical Awareness and Plant Appreciation