The National Certificate in Freight Handling qualification, therefore, is aimed at providing learners in the Freight sector with:
• An integrated practical and theoretical grounding in Freight Handling.
• The ability to work more effectively with others.
• The skills necessary to maintain and enhance the level of service and quality of service expected by customers.
• An awareness and understanding of key business principles that lead to transformation, transferability, economic growth and social development in the freight handling industry.
The key areas of specialisation identified within the Freight Handling Industry are as follows:
• Warehousing and Distribution.
• Port Operations.
• Courier Operations.
• Bulk Handling.
• Forwarding and Clearing.
People involved in freight handling play a key role in the movement of goods since they represent the physical link that ensures that the freight is efficiently and safely handled. This Qualification reflects workplace-based needs in the wider Freight Handling Industry, both now and for the future.