What are Learnerships really about and how do they benefit me?
Learnerships are Educational programmes that combine workplace experience with structured learning (i.e. theory and practice) that lead to a nationally recognized qualification.
Benefits of learnerships to industry:
Learnerships offer the private sector a vehicle to:
- Contribute to the stabilisation of the investment and business environment by lowering the level of instability associated with our unemployment levels;
- Contribute towards creating a skills pool in areas of current and / or future need;
- Enhance entrepreneurship by providing young people with business exposure and networks,
- Provide capacity in areas where there are budget constraints.
Benefits of learnerships to candidates:
Learnerships provide the following benefits to the learners:
- Skills in computers, problem-solving, communication and life management are acquired
- Workplace experience before entering a specific employment sector
- Learnerships make learners more employable in their respective industries
Through a combination of workplace and classroom training the following nationally-recognised qualifications can be obtained through NOSA Logistics and the learnership process:
- General Education And Training Certificate In Transport: NQF1
- Certificate in New Venture Creation: NQF 2
- National Certificate In Freight Handling: NQF 3
- National Certificate In Professional Driving: NQF 3
- National Certificate in Road Transport: NQF3
- National Certificate In Business Administration Services: NQF 3
Plus, claim back up to R 120 000 from the learnership tax allowance programme and increase B-BBEE points. Read more
For more information on learnership implementation and how learnerships can benefit your organisation, kindly contact one of regional offices: