Move, Pack and Maintain Stock in a Distribution Centre or Warehouse
Unit Standard: SAQA ID 117898
NQF Level: 2
No of Credits: 12
This unit standard is for people who move, pack and maintain stock in a Distribution Centre or Warehouse and maintain safety and housekeeping standards.
By the end of the course, the learners will be to:
• Identify appropriate areas for packing stock.
• Move stock to and pack stock in identified location
• Prevent shrinkage and losses while moving, packing and maintaining stock
• Maintain stock in the DC
Knowledge To Be Gained
Relevant aspects of the following:
• Common terms and concepts used when moving, packing, labelling and maintaining stock in the Distribution Centre.
• The layout of the Distribution Centre and the requirements that impact on the layout.
• Stock characteristics and how they impact on the moving, packing and maintaining of the stock.
• Techniques and safety procedures for lifting, stacking and transporting stock.
• Health and Safety Procedures relevant to packing stock.
• The terms shrinkage & losses.
• The effect of shrinkage and losses on profits and employees.
• Causes and preventative methods for shrinkage and losses as applicable to the process of moving, packing and maintaining stocks.
• The supply chain and the roles of the various players in the supply chain.
• The difference between and relationship between pick and reserve areas.
• How stock rotation impacts on moving, packing and maintaining stocks.
• Stock flow through the organisation.
• Identifying misdirected/unmarked stocks and how to deal with them.
• Organisational requirements in respect of replenishing pick areas
• Organisational requirements in respect of clearing holding areas
• Organisational requirements in respect of moving/storing empty pallets
Duration Of Programme