National Certificate in Professional Driving
Qualification: SAQA ID 50285
NQF Level: 3
No of Credits: 122
The purpose of the National Certificate in Professional Driving qualification is to ensure competent professional driving in the road transport sector, thus improving earning capacity of professional drivers as well as transport sector professionalism and economic growth.
The professional status of drivers of commercial vehicles will be enhanced by awarding a formal qualification in recognition of their professional competence. Competence achieved in this qualification provides building blocks towards NQF level 4 qualifications, and the inclusion of communication and language, and mathematic literacy requirements contributes to learner development beyond simply the requirements for professional driving.
The transport industry is experiencing a shortage of competent and well trained professional drivers. Therefore, by improving professional driving competence, not only are we improving road safety but socio and economic costs associated with road accidents are decreased too.
By the end of this programme, the learners will competent in:
• Obtaining and communicating road transport operation information
• Assessing loads against given permissible load requirements
• Planning road transport service delivery that meets specified requirements
• Driving a vehicle conveying a specific freight commodity or category of passenger
• Using computerised spreadsheets and word processing.
• Planning the establishment of a small business according to relevant business principles.
• Conducting vehicle maintenance according to specified procedures.
• Operating lifting equipment according to specified procedures.
Duration Of Programme