National Certificate in Freight Handling
Qualification: SAQA ID 57831
NQF Level: 3
No of Credits: 128
The safe handling of freight is dependent upon the applicable people complying with the relevant procedures and applying the necessary skills to their handling. The National Certificate in Freight Handling qualification, therefore, is aimed at providing learners in the Freight sector with:
• An integrated practical and theoretical grounding in Freight Handling.
• The ability to work more effectively with others.
• The skills necessary to maintain and enhance the level of service and quality of service expected by customers.
• An awareness and understanding of key business principles that lead to transformation, transferability, economic growth and social development in the freight handling industry.
The key areas of specialisation identified within the Freight Handling Industry are as follows:
• Warehousing and Distribution.
• Port Operations.
• Courier Operations.
• Bulk Handling.
• Forwarding and Clearing.
People involved in freight handling play a key role in the movement of goods since they represent the physical link that ensures that the freight is efficiently and safely handled. This Qualification reflects workplace-based needs in the wider Freight Handling Industry, both now and for the future.
By the end of this programme, the learners will be able to:
• Understand the principles of the freight handling business in South Africa.
• Understand the composition of the supply chain in the transport industry.
• Understand legislated and company-required health, safety, environmental and security practices.
• Act responsibly when handling freight.
Duration Of Programme