General Education and Training Certificate in Transport
Qualification: SAQA ID 59300
NQF Level: 1
No of Credits: 120
The purpose of the General Education and Training Certificate in Transport qualification is to provide learners with entry-level knowledge, skills and attitudes for the transport and logistics sector of the South African economy. Furthermore, qualifying learners will be afforded the choice of specialisation in any of the modes of transport.
The range of typical learners will include:
• Unemployed learners with accessibility for employment within the sector.
• Currently employed learners with a planned combination of learning outcomes, thereby promoting flexibility to pursue further studies across all sectors of industry.
• Access for all learners to formal education and recognition of current skills.
Learners credited with this qualification will be able to:
• Explain the composition of the supply chain in relation to their role in the transport and logistics industry.
• Apply the relevant health, safety, security and environmental legislation, policies, and practices within the transport and logistics industry.
• Demonstrate life-skills and entry-level workplace skills in the transport and logistics environment.
By the end of this programme, the learners will be able to:
• Communicate in a variety of ways and interact with internal and external workplace role-players.
• Use mathematical conventions to solve personal problems and undertake workplace calculations for operational purposes.
• Understand and explain the composition of the supply chain in relation to its role in the transport industry.
• Apply the relevant health, safety, security and environment legislation, policies and practices in the transport industry.
• Demonstrate life-skills and entry-level workplace skills in the transport environment
Duration Of Programme