Certificate in New Venture Creation
Qualification: SAQA ID 49468
NQF Level: 2
No of Credits: 138
The NQF level 2 Certificate in New Venture Creation qualification provides a qualification that can form the basis for structured programmes for potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalise on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses that form part of the mainstream economy, enabling the learners to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors.
This qualification is designed for learners who intend to set up or have already set up own ventures. Assessment of the competencies and knowledge in the qualification needs to be done in the context of the learner’s own new venture.
Research has indicated that people working with their own new ventures at this level need the following competencies:
- Acquisition of an entrepreneurial profile which includes an innovation orientation
- An understanding of the industry/ sector in which they wish to establish a new venture
- An ability to match new venture opportunities to market needs within a chosen industry/ sector
- An ability to determine and manage the financial requirements of a new venture
- An ability to match new venture opportunities to market needs
- An ability to compile and utilise a business plan to manage a new venture and also where relevant, to seek funding for a new venture.
The small business sector is growing and it is in light of this that various stakeholders have taken the initiative to provide mentorship programmes that will assist budding entrepreneurs to become a more integral part of the mainstream economy, serving both the public and private sectors. Apart from the formative development that can take place via these programmes, it also provides more importantly for sustainable development.
By the end of this programme, the learners will be able to:
- Develop appropriate skills and knowledge for the establishment and development of an enterprise.
- Address the economic/ administrative and behavioural barriers that contribute to failures in starting and sustaining an enterprise.
- Create long-term solutions for job creation and SMME development via the building blocks and structure of a qualification that practically addresses the learning requirements of budding entrepreneurs.
Duration Of Programme
R21 390.00 per candidate
ID UNIT STANDARD TITLE LEVEL CREDITS
Core 113924 Apply basic business ethics in a work environment Level 2 2
Core 114974 Apply the basic skills of customer service Level 2 2
Core 114959 Behave in a professional manner in a business environment Level 2 4
Core 119666 Determine financial requirements of a new venture Level 2 8
Core 119673 Identify and demonstrate entrepreneurial ideas and opportunities Level 2 7
Core 119667 Identify the composition of a selected new venture's industry/sector and its procurement systems Level 2 8
Core 119668 Manage business operations Level 2 8
Core 119674 Manage finances for a new venture Level 2 10
Core 119672 Manage marketing and selling processes of a new venture Level 2 7
Core 119669 Match new venture opportunity to market needs Level 2 6
Core 119670 Produce a business plan for a new venture Level 2 8
Fundamental 8963 Access and use information from texts Level 2 5
Fundamental 9009 Apply basic knowledge of statistics and probability to influence the use of data and procedures in order to investigate life related problems Level 2 3
Fundamental 7480 Demonstrate understanding of rational and irrational numbers and number systems Level 2 3
Fundamental 9008 Identify, describe, compare, classify, explore shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional shapes in different contexts Level 2 3
Fundamental 8962 Maintain and adapt oral communication Level 2 5
Fundamental 8967 Use language and communication in occupational learning programmes Level 2 5
Fundamental 7469 Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal and community life Level 2 2
Fundamental 9007 Work with a range of patterns and functions and solve problems Level 2 5
Fundamental 8964 Write for a defined context Level 2 5
Elective 9964 Apply health and safety to a work area Level 2 3
Elective 14343 Investigate the structure of an organization as a workplace Level 2 8
Elective 14341 Keep informed about current affairs related to one`s own industry Level 2 4
Elective 14340 Maintain an existing information system in a business environment Level 2 4
Elective 114976 Operate and take care of equipment in an office environment Level 2 2
Elective 14346 Process numerical and text data in a business environment Level 2 2
Elective 119671 Administer contracts for a selected new venture Level 3 10
Elective 119713 Apply basic HR principles in a new venture Level 3 4
Elective 13912 Apply knowledge of self and team in order to develop a plan to enhance team performance Level 3 5