Defensive Driving Heavy Duty Vehicle
A comprehensive practical and theoretical programme in road safety and defensive driving Heavy Duty Vehicle – Rigid and/ or Articulated/ Combination Vehicles that aims to improve driving skills and driver attitudes.
The aim is to increase their knowledge and understanding of road safety, in order to prepare them to react in the best possible way when faced with unexpected situations, as well as to become aware of other road users.
ABET Level 4
Code EC driver’s that operate an articulated or vehicle combination.
By the end of the course, the learners will understand:
• Road Traffic Legislation
• Vehicle Maintenance and Inspections
• Definitions of defensive driver/ defensive driving Heavy Duty Vehicle
• Identification of road accident factors
• Road Accidents and Human Errors
• Driver Attitudes and Behaviors
• Adapting to different driving conditions
• Factors affecting concentration
• Hazard Identification
• Observation skills
• Collision Prevention
• Prevention of vehicle roll over
• Safe Following Distance
• Escape Routes
• Parking lot behaviour
• Hijack prevention
• Importance of seatbelts
• Effective eye lead time
• Safe following distances
• Fatigue Management
• Economic Driving patterns
• Diet and Nutrition
• Cargo Securement
• Basic Fire Fighting
• Basic Incident Scene Management
Duration Of Programme
1.5 days Plus a 2-hour practical assessment.