Convey Hazardous Goods
Unit Standard: SAQA ID 123259
NQF Level: 3
No of Credits: 4
Dangerous Goods Training as gazetted to ensure compliance of Chapter 8 of the Road Traffic Act 1996 is necessary for any driver wanting to convey hazardous goods/ transport dangerous goods on South African roads.
The purpose of learning is to ensure safe loading, conveying hazardous goods and off-loading of dangerous goods according to legal and organisational requirements. Drivers will be skilled in conveying dangerous goods in accordance with legal, safety, manufacturer and other relevant requirements and handle incidents safely when they occur.
Any driver wishing to apply for a PRDP (D) or renew their PRDP (D) needs receive a certificate of competence against this unit standard.
By the end of the course, the learners will be to:
• Comply with relevant legal documentation requirements.
• Apply safety and standard operating procedures during loading and off-loading.
• Apply safety procedures in the event of an incident.
• Comply with the requirements of SANS 10231 in terms of behaviour en route.
• All drivers that need to renew or apply for their Professional Driving Permits (PrDP) for transportation of dangerous goods
• All drivers that convey dangerous goods by road
• Controllers that oversee the transportation of dangerous goods
Duration Of Programme
1 Day (Renewal)
2 Days New Driver