Controlling Hazardous and Dangerous Goods
Unit Standard: SAQA ID 8020
NQF Level: 4
No of Credits: 4
Learners that successfully complete the Controlling Hazardous and Dangerous Goods course will be able to handle and store dangerous goods. They will be able to classify goods in preparation for storage and prepare these goods for safe transportation. Learners will also be able to handle incidents in the event of them happening in accordance with required safety procedures and guidelines.
Learners should have a sound understanding of occupational health and safety and general housekeeping.
This programme is aimed at:
• Individuals entering or currently employed in any capacity where they handle or control dangerous goods.
By the end of this programme, the learners will be able to:
• Identify and classify dangerous goods in accordance with documentation, packing and labelling;
• Correctly handle and store classified goods and substances during warehousing and storage,
• Prepare the dangerous goods for transportation,
• Take appropriate action in the event of an accident in the handling of the dangerous goods.